With your support, Volunteers in Medicine America can continue to…
- Provide quality health care to hundreds of thousands of patients across the country at no cost.
- Develop new free clinics across the country.
- Offer our clinics everything they need to provide telehealth services: equipment, training and ongoing support.
- Recruit volunteers who are passionate about providing people with the healthcare they deserve.
Donations can be made by completing and mailing this donation form with a check or by clicking on “Donate Now” above and remitting payment with a debit/credit card.
Volunteers in Medicine Deals with the Crisis within the Crisis
Right now 92 Volunteers in Medicine clinics have thousands of providers across our country heroically serving on the frontlines of this crisis to provide free healthcare to more than 100,000 people in need. Sadly, due to the healthcare crisis, many of the volunteers and patients are more susceptible to the disease and can no longer have in-person visits at the clinics.
But we have a plan to help these heroic volunteers get back to saving lives…
Today’s technology gives us the ability to use Telemedicine in the fight against COVID-19 and other critical conditions, enabling providers to deliver care remotely while avoiding the risk of transmission of the disease.
In partnership with Doxy.me, we are equipping, training, and supporting clinics and their volunteer caregivers all over the U.S. to use Telemedicine to keep our neighbors, friends, and loved ones alive and healthy in the face of this historic challenge.
Additionally, Doxy.me is not the only way VIM America assists clinics with telemedicine. We are happy to help facilitate the platform of choice of any clinic.
How Your Support of Our COVID-19 Telemedicine Initiative Will Help
- Telemedicine technology by Doxy.me specifically branded for Volunteers in Medicine clinics
- Computer hardware and high-speed internet connectivity
- Start-up training and support provided by our staff and volunteers
- Mini-grants to help cover costs of clinic staff in coordinating provider enrollment, patient scheduling, and telemedicine visits
- Project data collection and reporting back to participating clinics, donors and funders
- Capturing and disseminating lessons learned in Telemedicine care for uninsured patients
- Volunteer caregiver feedback and satisfaction data
Will will also facilitate integration with any other platform as well.
Your gift is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Volunteers in Medicine America is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Therefore, all contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Vehicle donations can also be accepted in support of Volunteers in Medicine.
Donate any vehicle to Volunteers in Medicine America and help build and sustain a national network of free clinics using volunteer doctors, nurses, and other health professionals to improve access to health care for America’s underserved and uninsured. Volunteers in Medicine America is a nonprofit that assists interested communities in organizing and launching their own Volunteers in Medicine clinic. Once open, these clinics receive ongoing support, education, and resources from Volunteers in Medicine to enhance their long-term success.
Join Our Network
Recognizing that free clinics continue to hold a distinctive place in the health care safety net, we decided to expand our network to include established free clinics that are aligned with the basic tenets of the Volunteers in Medicine model.
If you treat your neighbor like yourself, you’ll always find hope.
Volunteer at a VIM Clinic today!
Start A Clinic
Interested in developing a free health care clinic? Let an experienced Volunteers in Medicine America staff member guide you through the development process, providing direction, inspiration, and support along the way.
Donate to Volunteers in Medicine
With your support, Volunteers in Medicine America can bring quality health care to those in need and provide medical professionals the opportunities to focus completely on patient care. Donations to Volunteers in Medicine America can be made by completing and mailing this donation form with a check or by clicking on “Donate Now” on the left and remitting payment with a debit/credit card.